Friday, June 19, 2009

Telephone interview for School of Business, University of Alberta

Yesterday evening, I got an Email from University of Alberta, School of Business asking me to schedule an interview on Monday or to suggest a suitable time for interview. I replied that since I would be traveling on Monday, I was available anytime from that moment until Monday morning.

So I got a phone call for interview after an hour from my reply. I told the gentleman that he could conduct the interview right away.

The person started with general talk. I mentioned that I had met him already in October 2008 and also met many others members of the Admissions Office of that School during one of their information sessions (I had all their business cards and quoted the names of the 4 members I had already met). I asked him if he remember me - I was the one who had asked him a lot of questions in the session! He apologized that he could not remember me as he had probably met 2000 students in 2008.

Then he asked me questions like... Why MBA? And in particular, why MBA when I have a Medical background? He asked me what I would like to do after my MBA? He asked me about my transcripts. Finally he asked me if I have any questions. The telephone interview lasted about 25 minutes. He then told me that my application was good and that he saw no road blocks for my application and that I would be probably be hearing from them in a week or so.

It was a nice interview and I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment