Common questions asked in an interview?
- Why MBA?
- Why now?
- Why _____________ business school / school of management? (enter name in blank)
- Why should we select you?
- What will you bring to the class?
- Describe an experience where you solved a problem using your business / other skills. How would you have done it better / differently now?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? Illustrate with examples
What I understand is that attending this interview is similar to a job interview... you have to be in business attire, be calm, cool & sincere, answer to the point. Also be good at making a quick & brief pitch in 2 to 3 minutes, speaking clearly & effectively.
If your GMAT scores are good and GPA is good, you have an advantage. Biz school rankings are based in part on these scores and high scores mean high chances of entry. At the same time, good reference letters and work experience are an advantage too. I understand that the essay questions, your resume and statement of intent are valuable too.