Friday, June 5, 2009

Inspirational movie clip

Here's some pep talk for you to glue your butt to the seat and study hard to reach your goals! And to make the right career decisions!

Watch this movie clip from "Pursuit of Happyness".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdm6NnvVuI

Transcript below:-

Son (excited): Hey Dad! I am going pro! Aha, I am going pro!!

Dad: Oh, ho! Okay! Yeah! I don't know.. you know.. you'll probably be about as good as I was.. that's a kind of the way it works... I was below average... so you'll probably ultimately rank somewhere around there, you know. So... you'll excel in a lot of things, just not this... I don't you shooting this ball around all day and night... alright?

Son (sad): alright...

Dad (after a moment of reflection and seeing how sad his comment made his son): Hey... Don't ever let somebody tell you.. you can't do something... not even me, alright?

Son: alright...

Dad (continuing): You've got a dream? You've got to protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you - you can't do it. If you want something, go get it, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment