- February to July 2009: I applied to 5 business schools
- Got accepted to 4 schools + interviewed at 1
- Was awarded a $20,000 scholarship at Ryerson U in 2009 and I accepted it.
- I paid $1000 deposit and enrolled at Ryerson U for Full Time MBA.
- Changed my mind and enrolled into McMaster University for Part Time MBA
- I informed Ryerson that I shall not be able to do a F/T MBA. Have to go P/T. And that I have decided to do it at McMaster U instead of Ryerson.
- Pushed the date of joining at McMaster to January 2010 (they have a batch starting in Jan too).
- Due to change of personal circumstances, could not start MBA in Jan 2010.
- I applied for OSAP for McMaster for Fall 2010, but OSAP was rejected. I was left with no source of funding for McMaster University MBA. Had to go to Plan B.
- Applied for Ryerson again in 2010 for Fall term.
- Got accepted into Ryerson U again and was once again offered the $20,000 scholarship.
- This time, I did accept it and did enroll in Ryerson University for the MBA.
- I started the program in September 2010 and am almost done. I hope to graduate in a few months!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Some of the milestones in my journey towards getting admission into an MBA program and pursuing an MBA!
I blog about my MBA student life experience at www.gerry.in . My life has been one helluva roller coaster ride in 2009 end and 2010, with regards to pursuing an MBA. Here is what happened:-